Matt and Randy arrived safely back in the states after an incredible trip to Africa! They visited our F4H partner Martin Odi and spent time with our friends from 4Africa.
Martin and his family graciously welcomed Matt and Randy to their home in Ngora, Uganda. They enjoyed fellowship together and made a lot of progress on the building plans and incorporation process for the Christian Resource Center.
4Africa, a fellow nonprofit, has walked alongside us in our journey to growing F4H. We’ve learned a lot from them about ministry in East Africa, specifically WASH (Water Access, Sanitation, and Hygiene). F4H was able to see their ministries in action during their time together.
See some photos below from Matt and Randy’s trip!
Agape Fellowship Center—Kenya
MISSION TRIP OPPORTUNITY! F4H will be taking a mission team to Kenya to partner with AFC and plant both a church and a clean water well. Tentative dates are July 9th-19th, 2022. Stay tuned for more details! If you would like more information on traveling with us, or how you can help, reach out to either Matt (email@example.com, 205-243-9837) or Randy (randy@foundations4hope, 205-427-3635).
- Pray for the upcoming mission trip, the people who will go on the trip, and the community that will be served.
- Pray for continued progress on the AFC pastors’ database. With this database, we can help pastors monitor key metrics and help AFC evaluate the health of their churches.
The Vine School—Petit-Goave, Haiti
We are still working on a solution for the Vine School’s outgrowth of its current facility. We have identified a possible location for a new campus. Pray for the Lord’s wisdom and direction as we consider this option. Pray that He would open doors and soften the heart of the property owner so even more kids in Petit-Goave have the opportunity to receive a great education.
- Pray as we continue to explore solutions for outgrowing our current building space at the Vine.
- Continue to pray for Haiti and the immense violence and insecurity Haitians experience on daily basis. Pray that Kendson’n and his family would be safe as they live in Port-au-Prince, a very dangerous city.
The Christian Resource Center—Ngora, Uganda
Martin recently returned from a teaching trip in Kenya. Martin’s co-teacher could not attend at the last minute, so Martin ended up doing all the teaching himself. He thanked God for energy and strength and said the students gave great feedback. We are thankful God blessed this trip! Martin plans to go to Gulu, Uganda to teach this week.
- Pray for healing for Martin’s son, John, who is sick with a bad cough.
- Pray as the building drawings for the CRC are finalized
- Pray as the team works to clarify goals, systems, and culture at the resource center.
Before you go, check out an awesome volunteer opportunity we have coming up this weekend in the Trussville/Clay area! Scroll below for more details!
We Need Your Help!
The Alabama Open is a Pickleball tournament held in Clay, AL where players from all over the country come to compete. This year, Foundations for Hope is a beneficiary of the tournament and will receive part of the proceeds. F4H will also have a booth where we share about our mission! But we need your help! Volunteers are needed to help with the tournament on April 1st-3rd. Click the button below to visit the Sign Up Genius and grab a spot! Descriptions of the volunteer positions needed are included at the link. Make sure to put “F4H” by your name when you sign up!