To all of our friends and partners who have come along side us in this journey, we are so thankful to be able to share what is happening with Foundations for Hope and the ministries we are currently partnering with. It’s our joy to share with you what the Lord has done this year in these many different locations around the globe, and we are dreaming and praying about what he will continue to do.
- Pray specifically for Kendson’n as he travels back and forth from Petit-Goave, the school location, to Port-au-Prince, where his family lives. Gas prices are extremely high, and he must travel through dangerous areas plagued by gang violence.
- Pray for students as they complete their exams and prepare to go on leave for Christmas
The Christian Resource Center—Ngora, Uganda
Foundations for Hope has partnered with Reverend Martin Odi in Ngora, Uganda to construct a training facility for pastors called the Christian Resource Center. This new center will provide a theological education to African pastors, many who have never had any biblical education. These pastors will come away from their time at the resource center better equipped for the discipleship and leadership of their churches. Building plans have been drawn up for the Christian Resource Center and we are currently waiting on legal paperwork before we can move forward with construction.
- Pray for a speedy legal process in getting the resource center incorporated and pray for guidance on what plot of land the center should be placed.
- Pray for the people of Uganda as their capital, Kampala, was recently targeted with several suicide bombings that killed some and injured others. Reverend Odi was in Kampala when the bombs went off, but was not directly affected or injured.
Agape Fellowship Center—Kenya
The Agape Fellowship Center is a local church partner in East Africa led by Bishop Evans Achanga. They facilitate the building of churches and water wells that Foundations for Hope works to fund and support. Three Foundations for Hope-funded churches have been planted in Kenya and Tanzania this year, and we continue to raise funds for five more to be planted in 2022! We are also in the process of creating a church database for Agape that will be used across their network of churches to track key metrics to monitor the health of the church. This will provide valuable data that Agape can use to grow and continue to reach people with the Gospel.
- Bishop Evans and the Agape drilling team are traveling this week to drill a new borehole in West Pokot, Kenya! Pray for safe travels and that many would come to know Christ through this new water well.
- Many Agape churches lack water, electricity, and permanent buildings to worship in. There is one church that even worships outside under a tree each week. Praise the Lord for the incredible faithfulness of these people and their devotion to worship Christ even when they do not even have a building or lights to turn on. Pray that these physical needs may be met so that the churches may grow and be better equipped to reach their communities.
We are thankful for you and all our Foundations for Hope family!
The F4H Team